OCP Blog
Super DBA
Oracle jobs, minimum interval,_job_queue_interval parameter
by Vazha Mantua Wednesday, September 5, 2012 3:21 PM

Good Day all,

Today we resolve problem which appear when you try run oracle job with interval less then 5 second, but unfortunately it run’s in 5 second.

Cause of this is default parameter of job_queue_interval, which is set 5 second. This parameter means wakeup interval in seconds for job queue coordinator , so we got 5 second gap with next job running.

On oracle documentation we read that job_queue_interval is obsolete in oracle 9i version , but there is hidden parameter with same name and it’s still valid, changed only technology , in oracle 8 it was snp background process, now it is job queue coordinator, which is responsible for job running.

So solution of decreasing job running interval is set _job_queue_interval with low value than 5 second.

you can also avoid change oracle hidden parameter, if you use dbms_scheduler.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments (10) -

9/17/2012 1:45:10 AM #

Cody Derenzi

Hmm Well I was just searching on yahoo and just came across your site, mostly I just only visit blogs and retrieve my needed info but this time the useful info that you posted in this post urged me to post here and appreciate your diligent work. I just bookmarked your site. Thank you again.

Cody Derenzi United States

9/17/2012 8:42:41 PM #

Haywood Whisenand

Thanks a bunch for taking the time and effort to post some thing that's thought provoking

Haywood Whisenand United States

9/18/2012 11:44:39 AM #

Priscilla Lisboa

Hiya, sorry I haven't checked my blog and I just saw your message now. The links you sent me are not working. Maybe you can resent it? I'd be glad to give you my tips or opinions. Goodluck in your endeavor.

Priscilla Lisboa United States

9/21/2012 3:52:15 AM #

Myrna Koenigsman

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already Cheers!

Myrna Koenigsman United States

9/21/2012 5:51:53 PM #

Jody Matthai

You have a lot of useful pointers on this site. This is a well composed article that I have bookmarked for future reading. Have a fun.

Jody Matthai United States

9/21/2012 9:59:09 PM #

Cassey Glor

BIG UPS LIL B HOT TRACK 4SHO KING D ROYALTY MUCH LUV

Cassey Glor United States

9/22/2012 1:56:36 AM #

Rickie Cuchares

I have to say that for the past few of hours i have been hooked by the amazing articles on this site. Keep up the great work.

Rickie Cuchares United States

9/22/2012 2:57:46 AM #

Cecilia Reik

Thank you for creating this website so easy to find info. good stuff. Saving this one for later.

Cecilia Reik United States

10/10/2012 11:24:21 AM #

Otar Melia

Good article,

From my experience, it is not good idea, to set a job to run in every second. As i understand, Oracle opens a connection every time job runs. So in order to reduce such a heavy operation, we normally create a job which loops infinitely and put a dbms_lock. sleep inside a loop. (additionally you will need a mechanism to stop this job, which can be very easily created).

This is just practical advice and not a statement by  professional.

Otar Melia Georgia

6/24/2013 10:45:44 AM #

Custom Coins

Oracle Job are the best thing to do now a days its getting more valuable.
<a href="http://www.maxchallengecoins.com/">Custom Coins</a>

Custom Coins United States

Add comment

Country flag

biuquote
  • Comment
  • Preview

Filter by APML

Calendar

<<  October 2017  >>
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

View posts in large calendar