OCP Blog
Super DBA
ORA-27029: skgfrtrv: sbtrestore returned error
by Vazha Mantua Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:43 PM

Good Day All,

Today We observe a main error, which appear when you are trying restore database to new location via Veritas Netbackup soft

Problem:

When you tried restore for example your controlfile from autobackup which is stored on types, you got a error

ORA-27029: skgfrtrv: sbtrestore returned error

Cause:

With NetBackup on UNIX one can restore a database to a client other than the one that originally performed the backup. Symantec refers to this process as an 'alternate client restore' while Informix refers to this same process as an 'imported restore.By default configuration there is some restrictions for restoring to new server.

Workaround:

1.Remove restrictions for alternate client restores for all clients

Create the following f file /usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames/No.Restrictions on the master server

2.Restrict the restore to / from certain clients

Create the following file on the NetBackup master server: /usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames/<target_client_name>
where "<target_client_name>" is the name of the client that will receive the restore. This will allow this client to restore images from any other client.

Tags: ,

Comments (4) -

1/14/2012 2:25:18 PM #

Villas for Rent in Italy

It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on.

Villas for Rent in Italy United States

2/12/2012 6:44:31 AM #

Flooring Ideas

Such a great article giving some great information genuinely explaining some of the key things which you need to be aware of in particular about the part relating to getting some couseling prior to getting a loan, so many people don't even consider it.

Flooring Ideas United States

3/11/2012 2:03:02 PM #

free essays online

Excellent server, good books are very expensive! And the server solves these problems give this Old accessible format for all!

free essays online Mexico

5/5/2012 11:45:16 AM #

Challenge Coins

Hi there, According to me this is a very informative and interesting post. I really learned allot about appliance energy. Thanks or sharing such an information which will help me to improve my Development services.

Challenge Coins United Kingdom

Add comment

Country flag

biuquote
  • Comment
  • Preview

Filter by APML

Calendar

<<  November 2017  >>
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

View posts in large calendar

TextBox